Thursday, March 11, 2010

Where, Oh Where, Has Aiden Gone? Oh Where, Oh Where, Could He Be?

Aiden has been staying with his Grandma this week while I recover from my surgery. So far he has been gone since Sunday night, so he's been gone four nights in a row. Don't get me wrong, Aiden still comes over during the day. He has been here for about four hours a day, everyday since I've come home from the hospital.


But it's just not the same. I can't pick him up and squeeze him, and hug him, and kiss him, and just LOVE him! I miss him. I can't wait until I can give him a bath and we can splash and play together. I can't wait until I can dry off his little booty and put lotion on it. I can't wait until I can rock him to sleep and put him in his bed. I can't wait until things go back to normal. I miss him.


I think he can sense that something isn't right. He knows that there is a reason that I'm not picking him up and doing all the same things with him I usually do. That makes me feel better. I'm glad that he can sense it, and almost understand, why things have been different this week. Otherwise, I would be putting myself on the list of 'dead-beat mothers'.


I know he understands because when I show him the bandages on my stomach he will try to touch them. But he is very gentle, and he will rest his head on my belly and say 'Awww'. So, I know he understands. I've also explained to him that his, 'mommy has boo-boos', and that, 'she is hurt'. So now when you ask him, 'Aiden, where is your boo-boo?'. He'll point to his belly and say, 'boo-boo'. So I know he understands.


Even though it makes me feel better to know that he understands, I still miss him like crazy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I always love hearing what you all have to say! =)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com