Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gallbladder Surgery: Recovery Day 3

Wow! What a day! I'd have to say that day 3 of recovery has been the hardest thus far. Since I've been home from the hospital, I've really been taking it easy. Aiden has been staying with my mom most of the time, and Jaime has been home with me. So, I don't really have to do anything. Except just sit on the couch, and watch Jaime do all of the things I'd normally be doing (and I might critique him a little bit). =)

However today I thought I'd be brave and go out of the house! Don't worry, I didn't get too crazy. I just went to my mom's for a few hours. It was my first time driving since the surgery, and it felt great! I've always loved being able to just get up and go. Once I had Aiden, it got a little more difficult. It was more like, get up, pack the diaper bag, change Aiden's diaper, put on Aiden's shoes and jacket, and GO! But this week there has been no get up and do anything really. So today, when I got the chance to get out of the house, I jumped at the oppertunity!

By the time I came home, Jaime was already home from work. So I brought Aiden home with me since Jaime would be here to help me with him. While he was here we went to find the new restaurant that Jaime starts working at tomorrow, and we had to go grocery shopping. The car ride wasn't that bad, but it did take us over and hour to get to the new restaurant because traffic was so bad. So that meant it took us an hour to get back too. I was not a very happy camper. So, on the way back, we stopped at Zaxby's because at that point Aiden and I were having mood swings from food withdrawls. After we ate we were feeling much better.

Let me just say that I will NEVER take Jaime grocery shopping with me again. Apparently he hasn't been grocery shopping in the last 10 years, because he said something about the price of EVERYTHING in the store. Even when I got excited about how the frozen vegetables I usually buy were on sale for nearly a dollar less than usual, it was still too expensive for him. His jaw nearly dropped when we got to the register and the total was $188.64. I didn't tell him that that's actually less than I usually spend, I didn't think he needed to know that little tid-bit.

Aiden is spending the night at our house tonight since it took us so long to run errends. By the time we got home it was past his bed time. So I told my mom I would keep him tonight and she could come get him in the morning. Plus I'm sure Aiden will enjoy sleeping in his own bed tonight, and I'll enjoy knowing that he's here.

So now here I am. Sitting at home. Sore. Tired. Ready for bed. Overall it was a good day, but tomorrow I'm gonna take things slow and sit on the couch. Sitting on the couch is nice, I'm not ready for things to be completely normal again. I'm still enjoying my 'vacation'. I am glad that Aiden is here though, I've missed him. Goodnight.

I don't have any pictures for this post. I didn't take any today. I'll see what I can find to take pictures of tomorrow though. Maybe tomorrow will be more picture worthy. =) 

1 comments:

Delhi Laparoscopic Surgery Clinic said...

If you are suffering from gallbladder stone disease, advanced laparoscopic surgery is an advanced surgery technique for gall bladder and many other surgeries with quick recovery after surgeries.
Gall Bladder Stone Surgery in Delhi | Robotic Metabolic Surgery in Delhi

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I always love hearing what you all have to say! =)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com