Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gallbladder Surgery: Recovery Day 2

I don't have much to report today. So far there hasn't been a big change from yesterday. Other than the fact that I took a shower last night and removed my bandages. I still have tape covering my stitches, and I can see that there is a lot of bruising around the places where the inscisions were made. I think that is where most of my pain is coming from.
Monday night when I was laying in bed and trying to go to sleep I had a lot of pain in my shoulder. They said shoulder pain was normal after this type of surgery because they used a harmless gas to inflate my stomach. They told me to expect pain in my shoulder for up to 48 hours after surgery, and it was caused by the process of the gas leaving my body. However, whenever I laid down to sleep, the pain was almost unbearable. So, last night I thought I would take two pain pills instead of one before I went to bed. I took the pills around 9:00pm, and by 9:30pm I was passed out asleep on the couch! I woke up around midnight and took myself upstairs and went to sleep in my bed. Obviously the medication helped, because I haven't slept as well as I did last night probably since before Aiden was born! Ha! I'm not sure if I'll do the same thing tonight or not, I want to wait and see if I still have the shoulder pain first.
So far the hardest part of my recovery has been not being able to pick up Aiden. He has been staying with my mom the past few days while I recover. She brings him over during the day when Jaime is home so that she can get a break and so that I get to spend a little time with him. It's just difficult for me not to have him here everyday and get to give him baths, play with him, and put him to bed. I know it's best that he's not here a lot right now because I'm not supposed to lift him, but I sure do miss my baby! I think he misses me too, and I'm sure he's getting a little homesick. My mom said that he walks around saying 'mama' a lot and that he'll walk from door to door saying 'bye-bye'. My poor little man! Hopefully I'll be more able to care for him by the weekend.
I'd also like to say that I have the best family and friends in the world! They are all trying their hardest to care for me and Aiden during this time. I couldn't ask for better people in my life! They are always there when I need them most! I love them! Thank you all for your help! =)

1 comments:

Laura said...

Hi, I'm stopping by from the Marriage Confessions blog. Good luck with your recovery! I am sure you will be back to loving on your little guy again in no time! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I always love hearing what you all have to say! =)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com