Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just Another Saturday

Ahhh Saturday! I love weekends, don't you? They are so relaxing and comforting. They just make a person feel good! They must be good for something, otherwise we wouldn't look forward to them all week.

Before I became a stay at home mom, I always had jobs that required me to work the weekends. That's because the only 3 jobs I've ever had were, a cashier, a kennel technichian at an animal hospital, and a waitress. All 3 places are busiest on weekends. At the animal hospital I was the one who fed and cared for the animals boarding in the kennel, so I had to at least go in for a few hours on the weekends to feed, water, and let the animals potty.

Now that I'm a stay at home mom though, weekends have become more important. Our weekends are usually about the same each week. Up until this week I've always had to care for Aiden and Jenny both. This week however, Jenny is with her mom so she isn't here this weekend. It's really quiet around here without her. But usually Aiden is the first to wake up, usually around 8:00am. Then of course, I get up. Aiden and I come downstairs and I change his diaper, but I usually don't change his clothes until after breakfast. I put on a pot of coffee and start breakfast. On the Saturday breakfast could be anything: a bowl of cereal, a Poptart, eggs and bacon, pancakes, etc. Whatever I make depends on how much sleep I got the night before. =) Once breakfast is ready it is usually getting close to 9:00am, and I will go upstairs to wake up Jenny. If I didn't wake her up she'd probably sleep till noon! Seriously. Then we eat breakfast. After breakfast, we all get dressed and ready to start the day.



Our day usually consists of lots of playing, going outside if the weather is nice, and most of the time we go to Grandma's house. Since Aiden spends Friday night's with Grandma a lot, on Saturdays I have to go pick him up. So we usually stay there a while and visit with my mom and dad. Actually, we are usually there until around 9:00pm, and maybe even a little later. Then we come home and I put Aiden to bed. On Saturday nights I let Jenny stay up until her daddy comes home from work. They enjoy the extra time together.

Sundays we get up early and go to church. On Sunday breakfast is always a bowl of cereal or Poptarts. That's mostly because we are usually running late on Sunday, and we have to leave for church at 10:00am. It takes about 30 minutes to get there, and then I have to take the kids in to their classrooms. It's a lot of work when I'm by myself! After church we come home, eat lunch, and the kids take an afternoon nap. During naptime I work on laundry and clean the house. After naptime it's almost time for Jaime to come home from work. Once he gets home I start dinner. We eat, and then after dinner we try to do something as a family. Sometimes we play a board game, or we bake a special dessert, and if the weather is nice we will go to the park. Bedtime for the kids is at 9:00pm. I use the time afterwards to watch tv or a movie with Jaime, check emails, get on Facebook, and blog.

Well, that's usually what we do on the weekends. Are your weekends similar to mine? What do you do on the weekends?

1 comments:

Felissa Hadas said...

Stopping by with Friday Follow and MBC. Hope you had a great weekend.

Felissa

www.felissahadas.blogspot.com
www.twolittlecavaliers.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I always love hearing what you all have to say! =)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com